Wednesday, June 10, 2009

One Trend I Never Understood...



I don't get the whole goth thing, I just don't...black eyeliner tears, pvc attire, parasols, big ugly platform boots, I mean, really? I certainly make some questionable fashion choices, but they are in league of their own.

This hilarious little website, Goths In Hot Weather, really addresses a main point of confusion for us non-goths: How in the world do they survive the sun and heat of the summer?

The blog - "which celebrates the majesty of the Goth, who, eschewing any practicality whatever, still has the commitment to don a full length leather trenchcoat, stupid New Rock boots, and half a Superdrug counter of makeup. All hail the Hot Goth!" - rates photos of various goths in terms of 'Gothiness' and 'Sweatiness'. So entertaining.

The I am Pure Evil and Will Give You Nightmares for a Week Goth:

Gothiness: 9 Sweatiness: 8
This Dark Lord laughs in the face of sunshine, but his eyes! His fucking eyes have melted off!

The Creepy As Fuck Goths:

Gothiness: 10 Sweatiness: 15
Fetish Goths have it worse than everyone else when it comes to the sunshine. Fortunately they like it that way.

No comments: